This is a blog dedicated to the nuances of business travel.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Hotel Breakdown in Comparison

Several dedicated listeners have asked for more information on the breakdown of hotel chains and why I choose Starwood first:

Here is a quick down and dirty breakdown: Comparison

Starwood is also well known for its bonus program, which offers incentives on a quarterly basis for frequent guests. For example, this quarter, I had the option of choosing double points per stay, double "qualification stays" or a certain number of bonus points per stay. I went with the down and dirty double points because I was already qualified as Platinum for the year, and my overall spend per night was going to exceed the bonus points per stay column. To find out which promo you qualify for (every SPG member qualifies for one) go to SPG Promos.

As a member of HHonors and Marriott Rewards, I have never received a targetted bonus promotion in my entire history with them, and have acheived elite status with both. Occassionally, Hyatt will have the stay two, pay with Mastercard and get one free, but that is not normally enough to earn my business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home